Buy Gin in the Cayman Islands
Visiting the Cayman Islands and craving a refreshing Martini or Gin and Tonic? Buy the Gin you need at Jacques Scott Wines & Spirits.
Jacques Scott Wines & Spirits is the leading retailer of premium wines, beers and spirits in the Cayman Islands. We carry your old favorites and a wide variety of other interesting brands of beer, wine and spirits that you won’t find anywhere else in the world.
- Huge selection of award-winning wines
- Premium and rare spirits
- Local and imported beer selection
- Six convenient stores across the Island
- Online ordering
- Free delivery on Grand Cayman
What Is Gin?
Gin is a clear spirit made by distilling fermented grain and a number of other botanicals, one of which must be juniper berries. Essentially it is pure flavorless vodka that is re-distilled with botanical ingredients.
Gin is often thought of as England’s national spirit. By 1726, London had 1,500 working stills, and there were more than 6,000 places where you could buy gin. Centuries before gin was born, juniper was already being imported to England from the Mediterranean and is considered the best in the world. To be classified as gin in the United States, the liquor must contain a minimum of 40 percent alcohol by volume (ABV).
Although there are hundreds of varieties of commercially available gin, the top five best-selling brands in the world (outside the Philippines, which has its own domestic brand, Ginebra San Miguel) are:
- Gordon’s – Gordon’s London Dry Gin is carefully distilled using a secret recipe. The distinctively refreshing taste comes from the finest handpicked juniper berries and a selection of other botanicals. The taste that has made Gordon’s the world’s best-selling Gin, and it’s perfect for a Gin and Tonic.
- Bombay Sapphire – Bombay Sapphire Gin was first released in 1987 but was inspired by a 1761 recipe. This Gin is triple distilled and infused with botanicals by means of a vapor infusion extraction. Every drop contains 10 hand-selected botanicals from exotic locations around the world. Bombay Sapphire is best appreciated in cocktails and makes a perfect Martini.
- Tanqueray – A four step distillation process is involved in the making of Tanqueray London Dry Gin. It’s a multi-layered combination of botanicals based on a 180-year-old recipe and is widely acknowledged as the benchmark gin. We also recommend Tanqueray Flor de Sevilla, a unique distilled gin that’s made with Sevilla orange essences and other fine botanicals.
- Beefeater – The name is a reference to the original Yeoman Warders, who were the ceremonial guards of the Tower of London. Beefeaters is made today with the same top-secret recipe that dates back to 1820 and is the only premium London Dry Gin still made in London. It remains one of the most popular among Gin drinkers worldwide.
For more information about where to buy Gin in the Cayman Islands, visit Jacques Scott Wines & Spirits. We have the largest liquor selection in the Islands and will deliver your online order straight to your door on Grand Cayman for free!