Buy Heineken Online in the Cayman Islands
Eager to buy Heineken online in the Cayman Islands? Look no further than Jacques Scott Wines & Spirits.
Jacques Scott Wines & Spirits is the leading retailer of premium wines, beers and spirits in the Cayman Islands. We carry your old favorites and a wide variety of other interesting brands of beer, wine and spirits that you won’t find anywhere else in the world.
Our selection includes Cayman’s locally brewed beers, as well as bestselling beers like Heineken, Red Stripe, Amstel Light, Amstel Bright, Guinness, Coors and Stella Artois. Visit our online store for weekly and monthly special offers and discounts.
Heineken Lager Beer, Heineken Pilsener in Holland, or just plain Heineken, is a pale lager beer that has 5% alcohol by volume and is produced by the Dutch brewing company Heineken N.V.
Lagers are beers that are made with bottom-fermenting yeast — a yeast that, when finished fermenting, drops to the bottom of the tank. Because they are slowly fermented in very cold temperatures, the beer is more stable and can be stored (or “lagered”) for longer than ales.
By appearance, mouth feel and taste, lagers are lighter in body and color and have a crisp flavor. They can range from sweet to bitter and pale to black, but most are a pale to medium color, have high carbonation, and an emphasis on the hops and malt flavors. In general, lagers have a lower alcohol content than ales. Lagers include pilsners, bocks and dunkels, and are the world’s most popular beers.
The most popular American beers— Bud Light, Coors Light, Budweiser and Miller Lite — are all lagers.
Interesting Facts about Heineken
- Gerard Heineken was just 22 years old in 1864 when he bought a struggling Dutch brewery called De Hooiberg, that had been around since the 17th century, with the financial help of his wealthy mother. Despite his lack of knowledge about beer and beer making, he went on to create a very successful business.
- The refreshing Heineken flavor is achieved by using just three pure ingredients: water, malted barley, and hops. Before brewing, the barley grain must be malted, which involves soaking it in water and allowing it to germinate. This process helps give the beer its distinct flavor.
- Louis Pasteur, the renowned French chemist, developed a specific type of yeast – the Heineken A-yeast – in 1886 which, to this day, is still a key ingredient in Heineken lager and is responsible for its balanced, crisp, and rich flavor.
- Every batch of Heineken beer that is brewed must be inspected, tested, and approved by the company’s Master Brewers before it goes out to stores and bars.
- The average beer is brewed for two weeks. Heineken, however, brews its beer for a solid 28 days to give the beer its beautiful golden-yellow color and refreshing taste.
- Wanting to distinguish his beer from that of other brewers, Heineken’s founder decided to sell his beer in green bottles – the same shade still in use today.
Visit Jacques Scott Wines & Spirits online in the Cayman Islands, where you can buy Heineken or other beer at the lowest possible prices.