Buy Jim Beam Whiskey on Grand Cayman
Looking for places to buy your Jim Beam whiskey on Grand Cayman? Visit Jacques Scott Wines & Spirits liquor stores to check out our selection of premium beers, wine and liquor. We offer free delivery and a wide range of terrific whiskey options.
Jacques Scott Wine & Spirits is the leading retailer of premium liquor in the Cayman Islands. We also stock a variety of beers from around the world, as well as great wines and champagnes from all regions and all price points. Place an online order and we’ll deliver it free of charge to your residence, yacht, villa, hotel, or anywhere on the Island.
“The World’s Finest Bourbon”
Self-proclaimed as the “World’s Finest Bourbon,” Jim Beam Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is the No. 1 selling brand of bourbon in the world and one of bourbon’s most historic names.
American Bourbon is not as simple as you may think. It must be made in the United States; it must include at least 51% corn; it must be produced at not more than 80% alcohol (160 proof) and stored in charred new oak containers at no more than 62.5% (125 proof).
You may also see the term “sour mash” on Jim Beam bottles (Jack Daniel’s also uses it) and wondered what it is. Sour mash is closely related to the process of making sourdough bread (hence the “sour”). To maintain consistency from batch to batch, a small amount of ground grains (called “mash”) from the previous batch is added to the current batch.
Everything You Need to Know About Jim Beam Whiskey
- The Jim Beam company was first established in 1795 as Old Tub Bourbon. Its flagship whiskey was called Old Jake Beam.
- Jim Beam is named for James B. Beam, who revived the brand after Prohibition ended in 1933. Prohibition had taken a heavy toll on all American distilleries. Jim Beam rebuilt the distillery in Clermont, Kentucky, when the alcohol ban was lifted and got the company back on its feet in just 120 days. They renamed the company in his honor.
- Jim Beam’s grandson, Booker Noe, served as master distiller for more than 40 years.
- Jim Beam whiskey has been brewed with the same formula of corn, rye, and barley malt for 222 years, and the process has changed very little.
- The company has been using the same strain of yeast in the bourbon’s creation for 75 years. Distiller Fred Noe keeps a jar of the yeast in his refrigerator, in the event of an emergency.
- All Jim Beam whiskeys are distilled twice and aged at least four years (twice as long as the legally required two years) in new, charred American oak.
- Beam distilleries make over two-thirds of all bourbon produced in Kentucky today. Jim Beam is available in 200 countries and territories. America, Germany, and Australia are the biggest consumers.
There are many opportunities to buy Jim Beam whiskey on Grand Cayman, so you’re certain to find anything you need. Try shopping online at Jacques Scott Wines & Spirits to take advantage of free delivery straight to your door Monday through Saturday!