Appleton Kingston 62 Cayman Islands
Looking for the new Appleton Kingston 62 Rum in the Cayman Islands? Look no further than Jacques Scott Wines & Spirits.
Jacques Scott Wines & Spirits is the leading retailer of premium liquor in the Cayman Islands. We also stock a variety of beers from around the world, and excellent wines and champagnes from all regions and all price points.
We are the exclusive Cayman Islands distributor for many top-selling premium brands, such as Smirnoff Vodka, Crown Royal, Ketel One, and Baileys Irish Cream. We also represent Appleton Rum from Jamaica, the Islands’ most popular rum.
Each month, you will find a selection of fantastic specials, most of which can be purchased online and in our retail stores. Look for our flyer in the “Cayman Compass” on the first Friday of each month.
What is Appleton Kingston 62?
Kingston 62 Jamaica Gold Rum is the newest rum produced by Appleton Estate, and it’s replacing an old Cayman favorite, the Appleton Special brand.
Kingston 62 is produced at the Appleton Estate Distillery with limestone filtered water and non-GMO molasses and yeast. It uses the same original Appleton Special and White recipes that were developed in the 1940s.
The name and packaging design celebrate the history of Jamaica’s independence in 1962 and Lion branding that symbolizes the strength, courage, and pride of the Jamaican people.
In the true Jamaican style, Kingston 62 us a great mixing rum. We love it with Ginger Ale or Coconut Water.
Other Delicious Rums
While most people believe there are only two types of rum – white and dark – there are actually four types of rum that differ based on distillation and aging:
- Light/White Rum – Clear like vodka, this rum has a light and refreshing flavor. It is aged for less time than other varieties and is filtered many times until it’s free of impurities. It is commonly used in cocktails.
- Try Governor’s Reserve White Rum from Grand Cayman’s own Cayman Spirits Company.
- Gold/Amber Rum – Instead of being filtered and bottled right after distillation, these rums are aged first in charred oak or wooden barrels to give them a darker color and a bolder, richer flavor. They are excellent in cocktails and for drinking straight.
- Try Mount Gay Eclipse, a golden amber rum from the oldest distillery on Barbados (1703), where it is patiently aged in Kentucky oak barrels.
- Dark/Black Rum – Many consider dark rum as the purest expression of one of the most widely used sugarcane byproducts, molasses. The rum is then typically aged in oak barrels to further develop its dark color and smoky-sweet flavor.
- Try Ron Zacapa 23, which is handcrafted in Guatemala and aged between 6 and 23 years at 2,300 meters above sea level.
- Spiced Rum – Spiced rum is aged for as long as dark/black rum but includes ingredients other than sugar, such as spices and caramel colorings, to create its signature sweet, spicy taste that a favorite for certain cocktails.
- Try the smooth, medium-bodied Captain Morgan Spiced Gold from Jamaica with its vanilla overtones.
If you are eager to try Appleton Kingston 62 Rum in the Cayman Islands, do your beverage shopping at Jacques Scott Wines & Spirits. We have the best prices and the finest selection of wines, beers and liquor in the Caribbean!