Jacques Scott Group Privacy Notice
This privacy notice applies to the processing of all personal information carried out by or on behalf of Jacques Scott Group Ltd., Jacques Scott & Company Limited, Island Supply Co. Ltd, Jacques Scott (Retail) Ltd., The Wine Cellar Ltd., Cayman Wholesale Supply Company Limited, The Little Liquor Store Limited, Jacques Scott West Bay Ltd., Raleigh Holdings Ltd., Goose & Gander Ltd., Little Cayman Wholesale Ltd., Cayman Arms (1982) Ltd. and Cojimar Limited. These companies are referred to collectively in this notice as “Jacques Scott” and references to “we”, “us” or “our” are references to Jacques Scott.
The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to explain to our customers, supplies and other counterparties (“you”) how we collect and use your personal information in connection with our business. “Personal information” means information relating to a living individual who can be identified (directly or indirectly) from that information.
We respect individual’s rights to privacy and the protection of personal information. We endeavour to adhere to and comply with applicable data protection laws, including the Cayman Islands Data Protection Law, 2017.
The information we process
Jacques Scott is a data controller of personal information that we process in connection with our business. We regularly collect and processes personal information provided by or in respect of our customers, suppliers and other counterparties, which may include any or all of the following:
- name, address, email address and other contact details;
- age, date of birth and other information contained in identification documents such as passports and drivers licenses provided to us;
- payment details including bank account and credit card information; and
- online profile and social media information and activity, based on your interaction with us and our websites and applications, including for example information provided when you make an online purchase from us, Internet Protocol (IP) address, smart device information, searches, site visits and spending patterns.
When a customer purchases products at our Jacques Scott Duty Free At The Airport location in the Owen Roberts Airport, we are required by the Customs Department of the Cayman Islands Government (“Customs“) to collect and store the customer’s name, the other details contained on their boarding pass as well as a record of the products purchased (the “Customs Information“). This information is required to be provided to Customs and we are not responsible for the use or processing of such information by Customs.
Purposes of processing your information
We collect, handle, process, store and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- providing the products and services that you have requested or purchased;
- entering into or completing a contract or transaction with you;
- managing and maintaining our relationship with you, including for ongoing customer service;
- communicating with you about our products and services, including sending you notifications, and updates and otherwise marketing to you (unless you ask us not to do this);
- confirming your identity or age to the extent required or appropriate;
- processing, collecting and otherwise dealing with payments;
- administering, conducting, monitoring and analysing our business, including to enhance and support our operations and service levels, monitor sales data and analyse risks;
- complying with Customs’ requirements in respect of products sold duty free at Owen Roberts Airport; and
- complying with applicable laws, regulations, court orders, codes of practice, guidelines or similar requirements or requests applicable to us.
Unless you have told us that you do not want to hear from us, we may send you marketing information (including details of our products or services which we believe may be of interest to you), by mail, telephone, email, text and other forms of electronic communication.
How we hold and share your information
We take all reasonable steps to safeguard the physical and electronic security of personal information that we hold, and require that service providers to whom we transfer personal information also take such steps.
Your information may be shared with and processed by other Jacques Scott affiliates for the purposes set out above. We will not share your information with anyone else except:
- where we have your consent;
- where required to perform the relationship we have with you or for a transaction relating to our business, for example providing a product or service purchased or sold or processing payments;
- where required for compliance with applicable law or regulation or a court order or similar requirement, which includes sharing Customs Information with Customs;
- with third parties providing services to us, such as IT service providers, auditors, professional advisors and other agents and sub-contractors acting on our behalf;
- in anonymised form as part of statistics or other aggregated data shared with third parties; or
- where it is otherwise permitted by law or necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party and not inconsistent with the purposes listed above.
We may transfer your personal information to organisations outside of the Cayman Islands, including to countries where data protection laws may be less stringent than they are in the Cayman Islands.
Individuals whose personal information we hold have certain rights including the right to be informed of and access the personal information that we hold about you and the right to require us to cease processing, or cease processing for a specified purpose, your personal information.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or if you have any queries or complaints about how we use your personal information please contact us at 949-7600 or by email at [email protected]. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Cayman Islands Ombudsman if you believe your data protection rights are being infringed.
We may update our Privacy Notice from time to time. When we do, we will publish the updated Privacy Notice on our website.